Setup by Altinn
A step-by-step guide on how to create the Altinn link for your company, so you’re ready to send forms directly from dCompany to Altinn.
Part 1: What do you have to do in Altinn?
Go to Altinn.no and log in. After logging in, you must choose which actor you will represent. Here you have two options: i) you as a person (recommended) or ii) the company you will represent. The advantage of choosing you as a person is that you can reuse the same login details for all companies you represent.
In the menu at the top of the page, you can click on “Profile”, then select “Advanced settings”.
Scroll down to “Login information”. Here we will create the username and password that you will use when submitting forms from dCompany to Altinn.
- Enter an optional username. It should not be used anywhere.
- Create your own password by clicking on “Change password”. Try to avoid æ, ø and å, as well as special characters. The password must be used every time you send a form from dCompany to Altinn. If you have forgotten your password, you can press “Change password” and create a new one. NB! It may take some time before Altinn allows you to log in with a new password.
- Enter your mobile number. You will receive a one-time code from Altinn when you submit a form.
- Tick ”Allow submission from application or system with this username and password”. Without this, you cannot send forms to Altinn from dCompany.
- Press “Save”.
Scroll further down to “Register computer system”. Here we will get the system ID and create the password that you will use when you establish the connection to Altinn (only done once).
- Give the system a short description, for example “dcompany”.
- In the drop-down menu under “Type of computer system”, scroll down to, and select, dcompany .
- Create a password, it can be anything, and preferably the same as the previous password you created.
- Click “Add”, and dcompany is created on a separate line with its own ID and Description. Together with the password you just created, you must use this ID in dCompany when you set up the connection to Altinn. NB! You should only have one line with dCompany. Delete any duplicate lines (possibly all and create a new link).
- Any selections you make under “Preselected operator” do not affect the connection. If necessary, tick off the ones you want and move on.
- Click “Save”, and you are done with the setup in Altinn!
NB: It can take a while from when you register the password until it is updated in Altinn and is ready for use.
- Continue with Part 2 below to complete the connection.
Part 2: What do you have to do in dCompany?
Log in to the dCompany platform and select Shareholder book -> Report to Altinn for the company you want to create an Altinn link for.
In the screen below, you must enter the system ID and password from step 3. Remember to enter the five-digit code from Altinn.
After filling in the information above, you will get the screen below. Enter your national ID number/username and password from step 2.
You will now receive a one-time code via SMS. Fill in this and you will be able to see data from last year, as well as submit this year’s shareholder register statement.
Voilà! You’ve now set up Altinn Link for your company and are ready to submit forms directly from dCompany!
Still wondering about something?