The private equity funds and their portfolio companies like the control and ease of access that dCompany provides to the portfolio and each individual company.
Managers of the funds often have special obligations when it comes to carrying out processes for KYC/AML. With dCompany, managers can keep track of direct and indirect ownership by looking at the ownership map . This is also practical for remembering who has invested through the various companies on the shareholder list. Periodic reporting of ownership is also easy as the shareholder overview can be downloaded and shared.
Safe and efficient management of portfolios
Manage shareholder books across companies and national borders
dCompany connects the company’s own data
publicly available owner data and gives you a full overview of the group or portfolio – across countries
Eliminates entering the same information in multiple places
If you have used dBot to make a decision, the platform will automatically update both the articles of association and the shareholder book.
Get full control of upstream and downstream ownership
Control of ownership is important for all companies, and especially for companies with many shareholders, structures and for advisers with client portfolios
dCompany has developed best practice for handling the management investment program (MIP):
- The shareholder book gives full control over the history of the individual participant, including the historical cost price and paid-in capital of the shares owned by the employees.
- If an employee quits, it is no longer necessary to spend time finding out what the cost price of the individual’s shares is. And in the event of an exit, it is easy to find the cost price and the time of acquisition to be able to calculate any tax (relevant for employees who do not invest through the company).
- And if the proceeds from the exit come as dividends, there is easy access to what has been paid in capital per share, so that this amount can be repaid tax-free.
- Participants in the investment program get access to their individual shareholder page, where it is shown, among other things, how many shares they own and where the transaction history is shown.
- On the shareholder side, the company can also publish the tax asset value of the shares so that this is easily accessible to everyone. And if it is desired to disclose the market value, this can be disclosed.
- Through a shared folder in the archive, the company can also publish information that it is desirable to share with the shareholders through the shareholder pages.
Some of our customers
dCompany also assists private equity funds and their portfolio companies with, among other things:
- My Portfolio: Easy access to each of the relevant portfolio investments through My Portfolio, regardless of the nationality of the investment.
- Company map : Overview illustration of all the companies in a group with an indication of ownership shares.
- Owner map : Overview of the ownership right up to the underlying personal shareholders through a shareholder map.
- Shareholder’s book : A user-friendly shareholder’s book that gives control over the shareholders and which shares they own, including historical cost price and paid-in capital per share. stock.
- Transaction module : Simple registration of new transactions in the shareholder register, whether the management is carried out by the company itself or an adviser. Automatic generation of transaction log showing all company events and transactions with details for each of these.
- Digital articles of association : Digital articles of association that ensure that everyone who works with the company always has access to the latest version, including any advisors who have gained access to the platform
- dBot : Digitized and automatic processes for carrying out capital increases, capital reductions, conversion of shares and twenty other company law processes
- Shareholder register task : Submission of the shareholder register task directly from the platform through a few clicks and without the need to repeat information recorded when updating the shareholder register.
Some companies like to do everything themselves. Others like to outsource most things to advisers. The dCompany platform gives you full flexibility for both options in that it is possible to invite advisers in as administrators on the platform.
Register transactions yourself or leave it to advisors
Stock per date
Increase in denomination
Reduction of face value
Deletion of shares
Conversion of shares
Fantastic product with great utility. Carried out a share split quickly and easily. The digital shareholder book is very useful for me vis-à-vis all the portfolio companies.
Erik Rian Johannessen